Wednesday, February 21, 2007







Some Glamour Shots of my dropouts. I think they look pretty hot in satin. I might leave them and for go the polish.




I also got tired of wrapping utility cloth around random stuff so I made some sticks for the job. I also made one out of Delrin. Again, it works better than the oak.




I didn't have a 3/4" tube block so I made a new one. This time I thought Delrin might make a good material. It's plenty tough but it won't mare metal. It's reasonably cheap, though hard to find in small quantities. It works well with wood or metal working materials. You can cut it on the table saw and bore it on the mill. You can't say that for maple or aluminum. It worked so much better than my wood ones that I'm going to make a whole new set and resign my old ones to brazing only. You really don't want to see what happens when you get Delrin hot.

No comments: